Yorkshire Hip and Knee Group specialise in the provision of specialist medical services, both clinical and medical reporting.
As an organisation, we care for patients and medicolegal claimants. The structure of the organisation includes limited staff within the organisation for the provision of services and background administrative purposes and outsourced medical secretarial services who are self-employed and based at Leeds Nuffield Hospital and The Yorkshire Clinic as well as a medicolegal secretary. They are obliged to remain GDPR compliant.
Yorkshire Hip and Knee Group take the security and privacy of your data seriously. We may need to gather and use information or ‘data’ about you as part of our business and to manage our relationship with you. In doing so we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is kept secure against unauthorised access, loss, disclosure or destruction.
On 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation, known as GDPR, will replace the Data Protection Act. We intend to comply with our legal obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018 (the ‘2018 Act’) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) in respect of data privacy and security.
Please note that we are processing any personal and sensitive data held on the legal basis of legitimate interest.
We will update our privacy notice from time to time by updating this page. Please ensure that you check this information on the website to ensure you happy with any changes.
Who collects the information we hold
Yorkshire Hip and Knee Group is a ‘data controller’ and to further our aims we may collect and process information and personal data about you and retain control over how it is used.
Why we collect the information and how we use it
We will typically collect and use this information for the following purposes
- to enable us to process your patient attendance for outpatient or operative purposes. This will involve storing details of your date of attendance, type of appointment, title of outpatient or operative procedure and details of payment.
- for medicolegal personal injury or negligence work Mr. Hahnel or Mr. Grogan through Yorkshire Hip and Knee Group will securely digitally store any records sent to them for a period of 6 years. They will securely share information only when necessary with their secretaries, their marketing consultants Gemini Marketing Solutions Ltd., their instructed solicitors or their agents, other medical expert witnesses involved in the case. After this time, all information will be securely deleted.
- for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation and
- for the purposes of our legitimate interests or those of a third party, but only if these
are not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms. We do not collect any special categories of personal data such as
- your racial or ethnic origin
- your political opinions
- your religious or philosophical beliefs
- your trade union membership
- your genetic or biometric data
- your health
- your sexual orientation and
- any criminal convictions and offences.
We seek to ensure that our information collection and processing is always proportionate. We will notify you of any material changes to information we collect or to the purposes for which we collect and process it.
If you wish to opt out, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If we hold any information about you, as a ‘data subject’ you can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require Yorkshire Hip and Knee Group to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the Yorkshire Hip and Knee Group to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where the Yorkshire Hip and Knee Group is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
- request restriction of processing of your personal data
- withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data.
Please contact us via email@example.com if (in accordance with applicable law) you would like to correct or request access to information that we hold relating to you or if you have any questions about this notice.
Once a data subject access request is received, we will endeavour to provide the information as quickly as possible and at the latest within one month of receiving the request.